How to find your remaining 32bit apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro (2017)
I have tried this with my iMac Pro and Macbook Air and both are still showing no information found.

krs

Reaction score
What about if you go under the apple logo>About this Mac>System Report?

I assume it should be the same but one never knows until one tries.

What about the other system items, like memory or others that have to be there

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Hmm. MagicMac, it did take a minute or two for mine to populate. I also clicked on a few other items then went back once but I wondered why it took so long. I suggest you try restarting your Mac then try again.
This is not the first time I've seen this behaviour. Once or twice in the last couple of months I have received a message that Launcher was unable to open the Application folder. It always worked after a couple of tried but it's odd behaviour.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro (2017)
I really appreciate the help and I figured out the problem. I checked all the Spotlight options and turned back on indexing in Onyx, now it works. :)

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Well done working it out. Which spotlight options did you have turned off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unless you have removed items in the Spotlight Privacy pane. Perhaps you were referring to the "Re Index Spotlight' tick box in OnyX Maintainence Preferences.
In any case, re indexing Spotlight is not a bad idea occasionally but often a restart is all that's required.
Either way, problem solved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro (2017)
Well done working it out. Which spotlight options did you have turned off?

I turned all of them off in Spotlight and unchecked the tickbox in Onyx. I never had a problem until now.

BTW: You don't need to use Onyx to re-enable any Spotlight indexing.

JFYI:
How to Exercise Control Over Spotlight Indexing
How to Exercise Control Over Spotlight Indexing | Other World Computing Blog

- Patrick
======

I learned this while turning everything back on. I'll know next time. :)

Unless you have removed items in the Spotlight Privacy pane. Perhaps you were referring to the "Re Index Spotlight' tick box in OnyX Maintainence Preferences.
In any case, re indexing Spotlight is not a bad idea occasionally but often a restart is all that's required.
Either way, problem solved.

Yes, that is what I meant. I should have elaborated more on my post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini. July 2012
Hmm. MagicMac, it did take a minute or two for mine to populate. I also clicked on a few other items then went back once but I wondered why it took so long. I suggest you try restarting your Mac then try again.
This is not the first time I've seen this behaviour. Once or twice in the last couple of months I have received a message that Launcher was unable to open the Application folder. It always worked after a couple of tried but it's odd behaviour.

Yes, it takes ages to populate if you have a ‘busy’ system. When I first had a look I thought it was broken but then up it all came after a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.