How to Delete Softwares that don't show in the applications folder?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

hope someone can help me with this.

Last week I installed a software called EpocCam (by Kinoni) because I was trying to use my iPhone as a webcam. It turned out I didn't need to use my phone as a webcam and trying to uninstall this program turned into a nightmare.

The program seems to always be on and can't be forced shut because it doesn't show in the "Force Quit" folder. It's on the top bar (by the wifi icon) and when I click on it the only two options I get are "video processing" and "help". I tried clicking on help which took me to Kinoni website where they said that I had to download an uninstaller to delete the program. Did that and nothing happened. They also had a code to put in the terminal in case the uninstaller didn't work. I tried that and it didn't work either.

The software doesn't show in the applications nor in the Macintosh HD folders.

I tried searching for EpocCam in finder and nothing showed. It's like this software doesn't exist in my computer because there's no trace of it, but it's still there.

Any thoughts on how I might get rid of it please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Is the download, still in your Downloads folder?

Have you restarted your Mac?

If you installed the app from the App Store, then you can open Launchpad (in Applications), and see if the app is listed there. If it is, just click and hold on it for 5-10 seconds, and it will start jiggling and an X will appear on it. Just click the X and it will delete.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Does it show with a Spotlight search?

You could try reverting to an old back-up taken before installation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Last week I installed a software called EpocCam (by Kinoni) because I was trying to use my iPhone as a webcam. It turned out I didn't need to use my phone as a webcam and trying to uninstall this program turned into a nightmare.

Why not just head back to their site and follow their #4. Uninstallation Mac directions???
EpocCam support and instructions - Kinoni

If it doesn't get rid of all the software, then download a copy off Find Any File.app and use it to seek and destroy any remaining bits.

- Patrick
======I

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.