How to delete pics

Reaction score
HEY guys,

I recently bought an NAS. My computer was filled with 60 GB of Photos and Videos so I transferred them all to my NAS. Here's my problem. I Opened up iphotos and deleted the entire thing. But when I went to the trash, none of them were in there. I'm not real familiar with iphoto but Im assuming its like itunes. Delete a photo and it just deletes it from that program not the computer. So now I have 60 gig's of photos spread across my computer. objective: I want to delete all 60 gigs of my photos and videos. How can I do this in a semi easy manor?

Please help,

corncobthenewb

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Please do not cross-post. Not necessary to post the same thread 5x. The other threads were deleted.

Thanks,

- Nick

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
iPhoto has a Trash bin. That's where your photos and vid's went, empty the Trash bin (see button top right) and they will be removed from your computer.
Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 14.59.06.png

OP
C
Reaction score
Random pictures being saved

Hey guys, I've been going through my computer trying to clean up and get rid of pictures and I'm noticing I have TONS of random pictures that I didn't save. Peoples Facebook pictures. Pictures from websites. Pics of sports players. It's like the Mac saves pics of sites I go to. And they aren't saved temperaly they are save to my iPhoto.

Why is this?

Thanks
Ryan.

OP
C
Reaction score
iPhoto has a Trash bin. That's where your photos and vid's went, empty the Trash bin (see button top right) and they will be removed from your computer.
View attachment 23709

so I did what you said. it was a total of 13.5 gigs of pics. I put them all into the trash and then emptied the trash. afterward I checked my storage on my mac book and it shows that I still have 13.5 gigs of pictures. is there some app or something I can get that will round up all my pics and delete them off my hard drive permanently?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Did you restart your computer after trashing?

OP
C
Reaction score
Anyone else have any suggestions? Is there an app or something that can locate all my pictures so I can permenently delete them?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.