How to change brightness on multiple Studio Displays?

RealDyslexicon

Reaction score
I have 2 Studio Displays hooked up to a Mac Studio, and I can't figure out a way to adjust the brightness on "Studio Display 2". It gives me the slider on "Studio Display 1" in Display Settings in System Preferences, but no brightness slider on "Display 2". If I use the keyboard shortcuts, it only adjusts on Display 1. If I change the Main Display, it still only works on Display 1.

I feel like I'm losing it. I used to be able to adjust it by changing which monitor was "Main Display" (Absolutely idiotic system, btw. If I have 2 matching monitors plugged in and adjust brightness, it should just change the brightness on both monitors!!!) Now nothing lets me change the brightness.

Help?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Can you not adjust the brightness on the monitor itself?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Does the display remember the setting if you unplug it from the Studio and plug it back in later on? If so, plug in just one display, set the brightness, unplug it. Plug the second monitor in, set the brightness and now plug the first display back in and you have the brightness you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.