How on earth can I be using this much RAM?

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
anybody have any clue as to what could cause a memory leak like this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
anybody have any clue as to what could cause a memory leak like this?

Nothing hardware related thats for sure. It has to be in the software some where. This is what happens when you disrespect your mac by running parallels and windows, I'm assuming. Filthy little Microsoft hobbits'-is running amuck. :tusks:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
If you drop the computer into a tub of water, bubbles will reveal the memory leak, and you can temporarily patch it with gum.

That's freakin hilarious! I think that's the right step to take!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Not a hardware issue. Moved to proper forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
hmmm this is very interesting. I've been noticing lately my imac running teeerrrrriiibbly slow, and also causing graphical problems in WoW (see here) I have 1 gig of ram and while running, say photoshop adium safari and iphoto (even if two of the programs are completly idle) i seem to have serious delays. (i know, photoshop is slow for its own reasons)

anyways. Im not exactly savy when it comes to all this stuff on my activity monitor. what are some things that can be removed? oh, and what is the difference between virtual and real memory [usage]?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.