£££££££ How Much ???

M

Mantown

If I buy a new Powerbook very soon... will it have Panther installed?

I was looking on the Apple store and it seemed they were going to charge me nearly £100 for it... and other online shops seem to only ship them with 10.2!

I don't have a problem with buying upgrades etc just seems a bit harsh to spend around 2 grand only to get an old OS!!!

Perhaps this is not the case or will change soon...

Hmmm

OP
M

Mac Apple

Mantown said:
If I buy a new Powerbook very soon... will it have Panther installed?

I was looking on the Apple store and it seemed they were going to charge me nearly £100 for it... and other online shops seem to only ship them with 10.2!

I don't have a problem with buying upgrades etc just seems a bit harsh to spend around 2 grand only to get an old OS!!!

Perhaps this is not the case or will change soon...

Hmmm

no you should get panther with a new powerbook. a friend of mine just bought an iBook and that came with panther. hope this helps.

OP
M

Mantown

Cheers for that... I hope so. Just when I looked on the apple store it didn't seem that way. No doubt I will get it anyway if I have to pay or not!

oh and I live 20 mins from Witney :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Since the day of Panther's release all macs from the apple store have been sold with panther pre-installed

OP
M

Mantown

Ahhh...

Just worked out what happend... if you go on the Apple Store and look at buying Panther on its own etc and then totally forget you had ever done that... then a month or two later go on there to order a Powerbook... it remembers your last order and you end up thinking they are trying to sell it to you seperately...

Ooops... this is the reason I don't post on forums!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.