How much does your battery stick out?

J

johndierks

I got a 12" refurbed powerbook a few weeks ago. If i run my finger around the seam where the battery and the powerbook meet, I can feel that the battery is slightly higer than the body of the machine. No big deal. My problem is that my powerbook rocks a little on a flat surface, and I think this may be the cause. When it's sitting on a flat surface if I push on left front corner the whole machine rocks a little (maybe 16th of an inch). The reason this is a problem is that my left hand sits on the palmrest and the machine tips back and forth while I type, which as I'm sure you can imagine is quite annoying. Is the battery the problem? Is the body of the machine warped? Should I take it to the apple store and have them look at it? Would they even help?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
my 15" doesnt stick out at all. i would try the apple sstore and ask them

OP
H

hokiethang

trpnmonkey41 said:
my 15" doesnt stick out at all. i would try the apple sstore and ask them

Yeah, i agree, my 15" battery doesnt stick out either.

OP
J

johndierks

Ok, I know these pictures suck, but I don't have the proper camera to take pictures of a tolerance so small.

To give you some idea, where the battery shell is furthest from the computer, I lined up the edge of sheets of paper until the the paper and the battery were flush it took 6 or 7 sheets of notebook paper on the computer to make the top of the paper flush with the top of the battery. See bad diagram.

pbt.gif

pb1.jpg

pb2.jpg

So this is abnormal? Will apple fix whatever is bad (computer, battery, whatever)? Even though it was a refurb unit?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
definitely go to the apple store with it. i have actually heard of people bringing a refurb back to apple and getting a new pb returned since it wasnt something they could just fix but im not sure if they are true but apple should definitely fix that

OP
J

johndierks

I called apple care today, and I'm sending it back. Will the same machine come back? Will they just swap the hard drives? A portable seems like it would take more time to fix it then they said it would take.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
im not sure what they will do with you. how long did they say it would take and how far are you from the place you are sending it to

OP
F

Fomer

Nah in my opinion no need to go, my sticks out the same it is because they are the new ones, these guys have the older PB's) They haven't gotten all the bugs out yet I already called and asked about mine (in the 15) (and they said all of them do that) The 17 has had these same problems for awhile from what I heard... really no big deal, it's not like they are about to fall out. :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.