How many hours does your Macbook Air m1 Battery last.

Reaction score
Hi guys, my battery health is 99. My cycle is 32. I got it on 9 Nov 2022. My screen time is usually between 4-6 hours. I think there is a problem with my battery. When I boot into safe mode it goes better on average. With the two modes, it decreases more slowly in the same normal use. What is the reason of this?

OP
G
Reaction score
My device is 16/256 model. I have 32 loops. My screen time. Between 4-6 hours, what about yours?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
It's not a good idea to post the same question in 2 different threads ;)

Perhaps the Mods will amalgamate them.

Ian

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My screen time. Between 4-6 hours, what about yours?
Are you saying you're only getting 4-6 hours from your M1 MacBook Air?

If so...are you starting at 100%....and running down to what %?

If you're doing high demand stuff like video rendering or online gaming...then yes you will get fewer hours on the battery than Apple claims. If you're only doing internet surfing & email...then you might need to investigate what's up.

Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@OP. The 2 threads regarding your M1 MacBook Air & battery life are related...thus the 2 threads have been merged. Both posts do contain good info on the situation...thus both are retained here.:)

Thanks,

Nick

OP
G
Reaction score
watching movies on the internet, reading blogs, entering youtube. Sometimes I develop Xcode project. and yes this is the watch i got
Are you saying you're only getting 4-6 hours from your M1 MacBook Air?

If so...are you starting at 100%....and running down to what %?

If you're doing high demand stuff like video rendering or online gaming...then yes you will get fewer hours on the battery than Apple claims. If you're only doing internet surfing & email...then you might need to investigate what's up.

Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
watching movies on the internet, reading blogs, entering youtube. Sometimes I develop Xcode project. and yes this is the watch i got
Better question, what sort of battery life are you expecting? 8 hrs? 15 hrs? Video playback is an "expensive" action, as it Xcode use.

Turn the MBA on and let it sit idle without doing anything and it will happily last for an entire day without issue. As your computing/graphics needs go up and down, the drain on the battery increases and decreases.

There is NO one battery life that fits everyone's needs. Use it on battery for as long as it's above 20%, then plug it in and charge it up and continue your usage. Once back up to 100%, feel free to unplug and go on battery.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here's an interesting article from a guy testing his M1 MacBook Air's battery life/runtime on one of his regular day's working on the computer.

He didn't do anything different than he normally does to conserve battery power (such as being concerned about screen brightness & stuff like that)...he just did what he normally does. Granted his "normal day" may not be our "normal day".

Apple's stated battery life/runtime claims for the M1 MacBook Air are:

"Apple reports that this model can provide up to 15 hours of "wireless web" and up to 18 hours of "Apple TV app movie playback."

This guy's runtime on one of his "regular days" (starting with 100% charged battery)...was 7 hours, 47 minutes:

Obviously 7 hours, 47 minutes is much shorter than the 15-18 hours claimed by Apple. But this should come as no surprise...manufacturers of laptop/notebook computers have always over-stated the battery life/runtime of their products (after all they are trying to sell you something).;)

Generally speaking many/most users don't use their laptop/notebook computers exactly the way Apple tests...thus almost all of use will get battery runtime on a single full battery charge less than Apple claims.

Sometimes this difference will be small...sometimes large. Really depends what you do on your laptop/notebook computer.:)

Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.