• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How Mac-ified are you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
In my home and operational/in use:

3 iPhones
8 iPods
1 15" G4 iMac
1 14" G4 iBook
1 Quad G5 PowerMac
1 20" Intel iMac
1 Airport Extreme Base station
1 Airport express

I've been "Appelized" for a long time now...over 15 years in fact.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
How "Mac-ified" am I?

Take a look at my profile/avatar info!!!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 2 GHz 2GB RAM 120GB HDD
I just like the computers they make. Personally I think they're too expensive for what they are though. Not really the best hardware out there. But they last, and as a student that's a plus. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I seem to go in phases throughout the year with my hobbies - guns and cars in the Spring and Summer, Mac and electronics in the Fall and Winter. I play with them all year round, but new product cycles or weather changes seem to have an effect. With the guns and Macs, it seems the smaller and more powerful they get, the more I carry them around. My MacBook Air and 10mm Glock 29 go everywhere with me now. I will add that we have a greater than 2:1 ratio, in each category, of cars, guns and Macintosh computers to people in my household. Definitely Mac-ified.

OP
NMMI89
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
My parents are coming to town tomorrow and I will attempt to switch my father over to Mac. He is a long PC/Windows/Linux guy....wish me luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Oh yeah I forgot about the iPods, the shuffle and the iPhones - on top of that I suppose you also have to take into account the accessories - ipod docs, iphone docs, min dvi to something normal convertors, apple remotes, the apple mice and the new keyboard.

And then there's the software and I never really bought digital music until I got my iPod - apple get far too much of my money!!!!!

How "Mac-ified" am I?

Take a look at my profile/avatar info!!!;)

- Nick

WOW!!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I've been "Appelized" for a long time now...over 15 years in fact.

I wonder if Appelized is another word for RDF or Apple Cool Aid? :D

I was pretty young still and a friends dad bought a Lisa then a Mac Plus. I was used to command line systems and when I used both the Lisa and Plus I knew I wanted a computer that worked that way. Took me a while but eventually got my first Mac.

And I never once, up to a few years ago, ever heard Steve Jobs speak or experienced his RDF. It was hands on use of that first Mac that won me over.

And yes, I do use Windows also as well as Linux. Whatever gets the job done especially when it puts food on the table, but for 90%+ of my computing, it is done on Apple hardware and Mac OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I work from home and everything on my desk works so wonderfully together and I never have to think about how do do a particular task. (I'm a Microsoft Training Consultant - I develop Microsoft Training courses, all on my Mac!)

Classic .......:D

If you've never heard of it or if you weren't sure of what the acronym RDF is, you can read about it here.

they have acronyms for everything ... Will have to make a Stevenote about this one :p

What i love about Apple is the ease of use and the Apple software in the Apple hardware.. Being everything Apple makes it so easy to be Appleized. Since switching i have got my hands on alot of Apple reading material and the system MAKES me want to learn more about it. Hungry for more Apple knowledge
There is no way u could get MSized with all the different hardware it goes into.
Have Macbook and 16gb itouch 2nd gen
Want 24' imac
Apple TV
16gb iphone 3gs (coming soon)

Reaction score
I actually got my first macbook (13" black model) two years ago and kept it for maybe 6 months... it just wasnt for me at the time so I went back to WIndows. Last week I got a new 20" iMac and a 15" MacBook Pro and absolutely LOVE them! Ive had 2 ipods; a 30GB classic and a 8GB touch.

No more windows for me! :d

Reaction score
I love anything apple

I am studying Graphic Design and my macbook is an essential tool for what I do, I really couldn't live with out it. If anyone has anything bad to say about mac, I always get my macbook out and try to prove them wrong ( I have converted many). Even though my Macbook has crashed on me twice because of a faulty hard drive I would never ever go back to PCs, all that slow loading and badly designed interface. i aM A pC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz, 2GB, 160HD, MacBook unibody imac 2.66 4gb ddr3 640gb
i fell in love with apple after my first ipod touch after that i got the iphone 3g the macbook uni another ipod touch ipod shuffle ipod nano and now a new imac with wireless mighty mouse and keyboard along with snow lep. :) if apple isnt the best company than i must be dreaming :):) lol

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm a switcher and completely obsessed with anything Apple, Mac, etc. Completely fell in with both feet the moment I opened my MacBook pro. I've always had an iPod but was running it with windows and a PC. Now, that I've converted...it's ON!!! Went to the bookstore tonight and looked at all the Mac magazines and checked out the books that had anything to do with Apple, Macs, Leopard, iMovie, iWork, iPhoto, etc. Planning on Apple-izing my house. My next big purchase is going to be an LED Cinema Display, then an iMac, then a MacMini and who knows from there.

Do they make pills for this?
;P

It happened to me:Smirk:

I got a white macbook (loved it!) then a few months after that I got a iMac G3 (Loved it!) then a few months after that got a eMac G4 (And upgraded it to 2GB!) (It rocked!!!!!!!)

Then a few months after that (a year or so after my white Macbook) I sold my macbook for a Macbook pro (2009) (loved it like mad!!!)
:p

Reaction score
i love to hear people's "switcher" stories. i switched over years ago, but there's nothing better than a brand new apple computer.

actually, getting the iPhone might top it!

Reaction score
It happened to me:Smirk:

I got a white macbook (loved it!) then a few months after that I got a iMac G3 (Loved it!) then a few months after that got a eMac G4 (And upgraded it to 2GB!) (It rocked!!!!!!!)

Then a few months after that (a year or so after my white Macbook) I sold my macbook for a Macbook pro (2009) (loved it like mad!!!)
:p

Oh yeah, and I also have an ipod Shuffle and the iPhone 3G white 16GB!;P

Reaction score
i fell in love with apple after my first ipod touch after that i got the iphone 3g the macbook uni another ipod touch ipod shuffle ipod nano and now a new imac with wireless mighty mouse and keyboard along with snow lep. :) if apple isnt the best company than i must be dreaming :):) lol

You got a ipod touch and an iPhone? :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
HAHA I hate apple.....:D (check my mac specs)

OP
NMMI89
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
Well, the conversion of Dad failed. Albeit, not miserably. He played with my MBP while he was in town. Loved the simplicity of the OS. I have SL now so it runs even more efficiently and faster I might add. The only thing that's holding him back is that he just got a netbook right before he and Mom flew out. So, he's been playing with that piece of gear. Still, all hope is not lost. He really digs my MBP. Just can't afford one right now. The conversion continues.

Reaction score
No, but you'll eventually calm down once the RDF begins to fade and you realize it's just another computer company. :) ;)

If you've never heard of it or if you weren't sure of what the acronym RDF is, you can read about it here.

That's pretty funny D3v1l80Y:) I was a "Trekkie" once (15 yrs ago), but you have to admit though, they make some sweet hardware.

I'm not a complete aficionado, but my wife has a Win laptop and my daughter too, so noone but me touches the MBP:)

And they don't mind, so that's a good thing.

Sur3Mac out...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro Unibody 2.4GHZ, iPhone 16GB 3G
I started with a Macbook, then I got an IMac for a while also, and bought an Iphone. I <3 Apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac G5 2 GHz 20 inch- IPod Touch 2nd Generation
i am pretty maced out hahahaha i wont put ANYTHING windows on this computer. like when I was looking for a USB hub it HAD to be the SAME brand as my keyboard, Macally. everything on my computer; my keyboard and mouse, my webcam, AND usb hub are ALL Macally.

i think it is like most things once you get use to it the lustor wears off, but i hope not :/ i get pride out of saying i own a mac over Windows

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.