How long does the battery last on this iBook?!

M

MoltenLava

After two hours of use the battery meter still shows 61% full with two more hours to go! I love it!!

OP
W

WilliS

what battery do you have! :(

i got mine 3 years ago...mine dies in an hour or so lol.... but i swapped batteries with a new ibook from work (i fix my school districts computers)... wow, it was at 5hours 40min remaining!.... i might have to invest in some new batteries...my old one needs to be retired..

OP
V

vjamacaddict

iBook Battery Life?

I just got my new G4 1Ghz iBook several days ago. I haven't timed the battery life exactly, but yesterday I left if at home running on battery power (with the cover closed). I had already used the iBook some (on battery power only). When I returned, over six hours later, there was still a couple hours of life left?

How long do these iBook batteries really last? Sleeping mode, heavy useage, watching movies, ect.?

-- vjamacaddict

WilliS said:
what battery do you have! :(

i got mine 3 years ago...mine dies in an hour or so lol.... but i swapped batteries with a new ibook from work (i fix my school districts computers)... wow, it was at 5hours 40min remaining!.... i might have to invest in some new batteries...my old one needs to be retired..

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
You had life left bacause when you close the lid, sleep mode turns on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well i actually do get between 5 and 6 hours of battery life sometimes... which suprised me, because that's what the ad says, and since when are they accurate?

But generally i get around 5 hours actual usage.. Although having said that i haven't once run out of juice yet so...

I think the battery performance on the latest ibooks is great.. not many people need longer battery life than 5 hours anyway!

OP
S

Solafaa

5:30 mins here, but watching dvd's will take more power then browsing te web

OP
G

gregh2000

The battery that came with my iBook when purchased would show 6:30 available after a charge, however it would die flat at 2 hours left. Stupid thing, it was covered under applecare and it was deemed a defective battery, now the system tells me about 4:00 left when charged which is more accurate. So my question is have any of you with a 6 hour time left actually drained it? At first I never let it get low, but when i tried, it just shut off, black screen and it was dead with about 2 hours left in the meter, lol.

G

OP
V

vjamacaddict

iBook Battery Last 6 Hours !

I get a good six hours of use from my new G4 iBook. I've been removing the battery though when I use the AC adaptor. Hopefully that will lenghten the battery life?

-- vjamacaddict
???????????????????

gregh2000 said:
The battery that came with my iBook when purchased would show 6:30 available after a charge, however it would die flat at 2 hours left. Stupid thing, it was covered under applecare and it was deemed a defective battery, now the system tells me about 4:00 left when charged which is more accurate. So my question is have any of you with a 6 hour time left actually drained it? At first I never let it get low, but when i tried, it just shut off, black screen and it was dead with about 2 hours left in the meter, lol.

G

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.