How do you "disconnect" from network

Z

zanoncello

Ok here is my setup. I have a Dlink wireless router. I have a Duron 850MHz wired to it. I have my iBook connected wirelessly to the network and I have an Alienware (P4 2.8GHz) connected to the mac with a cable (using macs internet sharing capability. works great btw because I don't have a wireless card in my Alienware).

Now I have a printer connected to the Duron so when I want to print something I have to send the file to the Duron and print it. The problem is when I take my iBook to school and turn it on I start getting all these messages telling me that it has lost connection to "blah blah" network drive and "blah blah" network drive. About 7 of these windows come up asking if i would like to disconnect. I'm obviously not connected to the network anymore so it obviously can't connect to the computer.

Is there a way to tell it to disconnect from the computer before I take it away from the network? This only happens when I access the other computer over the network. If I look at the network but don't actually access it then I wont have this problem.

OP
L

lnetubaplyr

yea i have that same problem, even if you tell it to disconnect its like it doesn't listen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.