How Do I??

Reaction score
hi guys, i just got an external monitor and need some help. where do i find the setting where i can close the macbook and turn off the display and just use the external monitor and bluetooth mouse and keyboar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you have the external monitor hooked up and have it running, then you should just be able to close the lid and OS X will automatically do what you're asking. Be sure to setup the monitor to mirror your desktop rather than work as an extension of it (you can find these settings in System Preferences)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
If you have the external monitor hooked up and have it running, then you should just be able to close the lid and OS X will automatically do what you're asking.
You may have to click the mouse to wake the MB again after you close it.
Kash said:
Be sure to setup the monitor to mirror your desktop rather than work as an extension of it (you can find these settings in System Preferences)
With my PowerBook, that isn't necessary...with the lid closed, the external monitor automatically becomes the primary display, with the resolution adjusting itself if necessary. I'm not sure using the "mirror" setting would be as flexible.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300562

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
thanks guys. worked great, now i have a 22 inch imac!!!

What make of monitor and how do you find it? I'm looking at an Acer since it seems the best bang for the buck I've found.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.