How do I save downloaded files to a flash drive folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nube-MacPro Retina 13" i5-2.6GHz OS 10.10.3,
I download my bank statements to a removable flash drive which I store in a secure place. The statement downloads to "Downloads" in the Mac and when I click on it, it opens in Preview. When I try to save it I’m only given the name of the flash drive - no listing of the folders. I can open Downloads in Finder and get it to the flash drive that way but I’m sure I'm missing something as the Mac software is the best!!! I'm sure there's a simpler way....?

M

MacInWin

There are several. Using Finder, drag and drop the files from the downloads folder onto whatever folder you want to use on the USB drive. Or highlight them in the downloads folder, right click an pick Copy, then go to the folder you want to put them in, right click and Paste. Or from Preview, Select "File" on the top bar, then "Move to" and then click on "Other" at the bottom of the list. From the resulting window, pick whatever folder you want them to go into. That's three ways, there are more, but perhaps one of those might work.

Reaction score
Also, in file open/save dialogs, use the disclosure button (for lack of a better name) to show more complete navigation options.

Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 12.56.33 PM.png

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nube-MacPro Retina 13" i5-2.6GHz OS 10.10.3,
I posted the following reply 3 times and it never showed on the blog... I'll try it one more time....

Thanks to you both. I appreciate your input. Highlighting in the downloads folder does not work for me! Either right or left click of the mouse opens anything in Downloads. I had 10.8.5 until a couple of days ago, now I have 10.9.5 and the Downloads folder behaves the same in both. I'll just load it into Finder. I did read the "Writing the quality post" (apologies that mine does not qualify) however I would like to have a look at "make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer". I have a solid state drive and it has already failed but I recovered by following advise from here. But if I had a bootable flash drive I would feel much more comfortable.
I will also try the "discloser" button. I have seen it but did not want to try it for fear of where it might have taken me! I'll use it now. Thanks again... Fred

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.