How do i delete the folders on my desktop?

Reaction score
Downloaded msn and google earth but i just want the application on my dock, not on my desktop as wel. How do i remove them? : )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Right click and delete or drag them to the trash can. If it is a open dmg file you should eject it. If you didn't know, to install most programs you need to drag the install to the applications folder.

OP
S
Reaction score
But i dont want to delete the programmes, i just dont want them on my desktop i just would like them on my dock. Anyway to do this? : ) Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
First make sure you've actually installed the program. Just because it's on the Dock, doesn't mean its installed. Most Mac software comes in a DMG file. When you open the DMG file, it mounts as a virtual a disk on your desktop. Then, you need to drag and drop the program icon from the virtual disk window to your Applications folder. When you're done, drag and drop the virtual disk on the trash to "eject" it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
open the program. It will appear on the dock. Right click and select keep in dock.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
But i dont want to delete the programmes, i just dont want them on my desktop i just would like them on my dock. Anyway to do this? : ) Thanks

Once it's installed properly (as per my instructions above), drag and drop the program's icon from your Applications folder onto the Dock to have it there. Alternatively, any opened program can be "pinned" to the Dock, by simply right-clicking its icon in the dock (while it's running) and clicking "Keep in Dock".

OP
S
Reaction score
Once it's installed properly (as per my instructions above), drag and drop the program's icon from your Applications folder onto the Dock to have it there. Alternatively, any opened program can be "pinned" to the Dock, by simply right-clicking its icon in the dock (while it's running) and clicking "Keep in Dock".

Fantastic! Thanks very much! This forum is great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.