How can i stop Windows partition from appearing on my desktop?

Reaction score
hi!
i installed Vista in my mac and every single time i log in Mac OS, the windows partition would always be there on the desktop and i have to drag it into to the Trash to eject it, what can i do to stop it from appearing on my desktop when i log in Tiger?

Thanks~:)

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
This is a good question, I'm wondering how to do this as well.

Anybody know the answer?

Reaction score
It's a kluge, but you could make aliases of the drives you want on the desktop, then go to the Finder Preferences and remove the check mark next to Hard disks under Show these items on the Desktop.

As well, the aliases will stay where you put them through restarts.

Reaction score
Change the name of the drive/partition to something beginning with a period (".windows" for example). That will keep it from showing up on your desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
There's no way to get rid of it without majorly screwing up your computer.

Actually there is, but it's LOADS more trouble than it's worth and involves a heck of a lot of coding. And I'd advise against changing the name of the drive, as I've heard stories that it screws up the partition.

Reaction score
I changed the name of my Boot Camp partition to .WINDOWS within a day or so of installing it, and it's been running for months without trouble.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
I just went to the Finder pref's panel and unchecked the Harddrives on desktop option. It still appears in the Finder window as a drive.

But it does get rid of all HDD's on desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.