How can I remove Parallels 10 and the virtual machine from my iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 5K, ElCapitan 10.11.3, Airport Extr, 15" MacBook Pro, Mavericks, 10.9.3, iPad 3, iPhone 6S
I bought a new iMac last year and cloned it from my six year old MBP. It was running Parallels 10 and Windows 7. The clone installed Yosemite and also Parallels 10, but didn't install Windows. The virtual machine is allocated half of my 8 GByte memory. I want to completely remove Parallels, remove the virtual machine, and get the 4 GBytes of memory back that is allocated to the virtual machine. I don't plan to run Windows on this iMac. I have since upgraded the iMac to El Capitan. Instructions from Parallels to remove the virtual machine don't work. How can I clean it all off this iMac and get my memory back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Check out this link. It shows how to remove Parralells and if you scroll down they offer an app called PDremove.zip to remove all of it for you including all the caches.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/122653

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.