How can I downgrade from Yosemite to Mavericks

Reaction score
Since I installed Yosemite there's serious issues with Time Machine. I read about these issues in another forums and I could understand that Mavericks Time Machine is not compatible with Yosemite T Machine. How can I install Mavericks back? Do I have to format my HD to install Mavericks again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
What serious issues with Time Machine have you read about.
Can you share a link ?
I am not saying that you may not have issues with Time Machine , but I have been running Yosemite since day 1 using my Time Machine disk/data since Snow Leopard. No issues at all here.
Backup & Restore are working flawless.

Maybe by understanding what your issues are we can help further. Can you share a bit more about your problems. Any error codes in the logfile ?

Cheers ... McBie

M

MacInWin

TM is working just fine here as well. So it's likely that any problem you see is in your setup. Or are you just reacting to the claims from others?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
If you'd cloned your hard drive before installing Yosemite, you could just clone it back to your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.