• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

HMTL5 coding software for web site

Reaction score
I do a lot of programming by hand, but if I can find software that creates close to the same code that I would but do it quicker, I'd rather save the time and use the software. Having just recently switched to Mac from Windows, I'm not familiar with all the software available.

Is there an affordable (or free) Mac app that will produce the html code for html5 streaming videos on a web site?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
OP
B
Reaction score
While I appreciate what you're trying to do, embedding a video player using HTML5 tags involves no more than two tags (the video and source tags). I imagine that, in the grand scheme of things, you're probably not saving much time using software to generate that for you.

I agree with you. I should have been more specific in my question. As you said, HTML5 video can be done with just a couple of tags. However, there are other attributes and possibilities in the coding as well (captions, subtitles, poster image, and other attributes). You probably already know them, but (just in case) a pretty good explanation of them is here: HTML5 Video - HTML5 Rocks

I ran across one piece of software Easy HTML5 Video : HTML 5 Video Converter that purports to create multiple versions of the video and do all the coding nearly instantly. That's what prompted my question. The time savings would be because the software would create multiple versions of the video and hopefully more specific coding at the same time. I'm wondering about alternatives as I consider the options available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.