High Sierra does not install on SSD

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm wondering if Colin had previously downloaded or was participating in the High Sierra open beta program? It's almost as if his Apple ID is still stuck on the beta?

OP
C
Reaction score
No I haven’t and to be honest it’s driving me mad, never had problems like this with Windows 10.

I'm wondering if Colin had previously downloaded or was participating in the High Sierra open beta program? It's almost as if his Apple ID is still stuck on the beta?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
No I haven’t and to be honest it’s driving me mad, never had problems like this with Windows 10.

After some more web searching I sure have sympathies for Colin and others and it doesn't seem to be the finest Apple hour for many having problems installing High Sierra.

Just a quick search shows too many hits and with no definitive solutions:
High Sierra won't install on SSD
https://www.google.ca/search?client...F-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=090ZWo3HC8rM8gfG87eIDQ

One problem area that does show up, is problems with some third party SSD drives.

I'm wondering what brand/model Colin is attempting to use???

But even knowing that may not help find a solution. Not a good thing for many thanks Apple!!!

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Can you install Sierra on the external SSD? Then do the upgrade to High Sierra?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.