High Sierra - Corrupt Image

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Well I've learned something so that's good. It's not as if I look for old macOS versions too often but I notice other OP's do. The point remains that the process is not very intuitive. I go to Apple Support, enter say macOS High Sierra, that takes me to a page of related topics, I click on the third topic, "Download macOS High Sierra" not the Combo Update, click that and where does it take me? To the Mac App Store. So why do I get no results if I do a search on the store?
Obviously it's there but not searchable. Is it possible that the version of the App Store I'm using limits what I can download to apps compatible with my OS? I notice that none of the 32bit apps I have downloaded in the past appear in my Purchases now running Catalina, is that the same for users of Mojave and earlier?

Last edited:
OP
C
Reaction score
I hope the irony is not lost on people. To find the right Apple software, I had to find it via Google.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
To find the right Apple software, I had to find it via Google.
Again, no, you did not. Had you gone to the Apple support page and searched for "Install High Sierra" you would have been taken to the installation directions, including a link to download the installer. You did not "have to" use Google (or any search engine other than Apple) at all. I am repeating this so that anybody else looking for HS won't go to Google and waste time and efforts to get to the same place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.