Hey, new here and some questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Oh I haven never run games in virtual machines. I'm talking about normal apps. For gaming, bootcamp it is!

Yup... but dual-booting is SUUUUCH a nuisance. That's why I'm a big believer in using Crossover when I can. The future is really looking good for that software. Just from Crossover 6.1 to Crossover Games 7.0, a lot of games run with increasingly fewer bugs. And they've started releasing the nightly builds for regular owners, not just advocates, so I can say that even with the nightlies, there are even fewer bugs. I think in a couple years, we'll see near-perfect gameplay for most DirectX games. One interesting feature of the nightlies is that if you have a Boot Camp partition, it will make a bottle using that partition. In theory, any DirectX game will work near-flawlessly because they are accessing the "real" DirectX drivers, not the "workarounds" from the WINE project. And since you aren't actually booting Windows or using a virtual machine, you'll have near-native performance still like you do with working games under the regular Crossover now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.