• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Here is a Sticky Fixit i need help with

Reaction score
Hello Everyone , good afternoon

Sadly My father passed away from Cancer.. and his wishies was me to have his Imac, ok the problem is. i can login and used it etc as he set it up so we can just go in and surf and emails,

we are using a External monitor as the Made imac screen is damaged and you cant see anything plus its to dear to replace it ......

my Father has locked his Stupid Admin Accounts so i cant get a new account or unlock to change his password as we dont know the Password he didnt leave us

i am using a Imac 24' with Mac osX 10.5.2 .. two things im so used to pc i dont know where the Apple or what is a Apple key on a mac keyboard

secondly is there any Way to Display the External monitor while ill setting up a New Copy of OS (reinstall if that poss?) i have no idea how to unlock the passwords its driving me Mental.. and to top it off.

can someone please help me with this trouble ......

thank you so much 

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the Forums, just a shame under such circumstances.

If you have the Leopard install DVD just pop it in, reboot holding down 'C', go to Utilities and Rest Password.

OP
H
Reaction score
Ahh i think its only the original Cds he got with it OS X, but if i did have Lepoard installed DVD i still wouldnt be able to see what im doing ? would i as the main LCD is damaged i cant see anything i have to use a External Montoir and when i reboot the apple i cant see anything unless the OS X is working .....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.