Help with shutdown

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 15" 2.53Ghz, Mac Mini 2.23Ghz
Hi all im new to apple, just last month bought a new laptop and mini. Am totally converted love them am glad to say will never go back to pc (all those years wasted...:) any way the onle and only thing i was wondering about is when i go to shutdown my computers they always ask me if im sure i want to shutdown, and the timer starts and i can leave it or press ok. This is fine on the mini at home where i can walk away and the mini and tv will shut themselves down, but when im on the move with the laptop i would really like to get rid of that option, as in the computer instantly shut down when i ask it to so i can close the screen and move on. Is there any way of disabling this option ??? thanks to anyone who can help me out :)

C

chas_m

The reason for this is because it is easy to accidentally start the shutdown process without intending to do so.

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to disable this safety feature.

You are aware that you can simply shut the lid and the computer will go to sleep more or less immediately, right? Is that not adequate for your situation?

One alternative is to BRIEFLY touch the power button (no more than 1 sec), which will bring up a dialog box asking if you want to cancel, sleep or shut down. Choosing "shut down" should immediately shut the machine down with no further dialog IIRC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
...or, just go ahead and click OK

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 15" 2.53Ghz, Mac Mini 2.23Ghz
toMACsh; not a bad idea might try it ;)

chas_m; Thanks mate for your help, both closing the lid sleeping the computer and the power button are great little learners for me. appreciate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.