Help with sharing music on a pc and mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.6 C2D, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
I bought a mac book (with 60gigs of spaces) and moved all of my music from my PC to my mac book. However, my girlfriend moved back to Japan for the rest of the year and we want to share music. She has a PC and I just got a pc so we can use the Windows Live File Sharing (it's what we'll have to use).

If there anyway for me to share my itunes library on both my mac and my pc? Or, can I move my library from my mac to my PC? I'm running out of the hard drive space and it would be an easy way to free up space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
I bought a mac book (with 60gigs of spaces) and moved all of my music from my PC to my mac book. However, my girlfriend moved back to Japan for the rest of the year and we want to share music. She has a PC and I just got a pc so we can use the Windows Live File Sharing (it's what we'll have to use).

If there anyway for me to share my itunes library on both my mac and my pc? Or, can I move my library from my mac to my PC? I'm running out of the hard drive space and it would be an easy way to free up space.

I have just been going through the same type of situation for the past few days. (refer here) Basically what I came up with is that hamachi (hamachix for OSX) works fairly well, but sometimes you will lose connection with OSX. For XP to XP it works awesome, but is glitchy on OSX. Dont really know why, but it is. You could choose to go this route which is very simple to hook up and works well. Another program I found during the search was accessTunes. I havent tried it yet as Hamachi has worked fairly well, but you may want to try it out and report back on its performance. Hope you get things figured out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.