Help with podcast episode selection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1286 MBP5,3 running 10.9.5, iphone6, Mac mini1,1 A1176 120/2gb
I am in need of a wake up call.
The specs:

Itunes 11.4 on a Mac Mini 1.1 os 10.6.8 with ios 8.4.1

The problem that I am having is that I am not sure what to do. Itunes goes out and downloads the podcast episodes from the topic I subscribed to. Lets say that it has 20 but I only want to listen to 5 of them. What are the blue dots on the left column and what are the check marks for? Do I check them to listen to the ones I want or uncheck them and then sync? It seems to play all of them sequentially if I just hit play and let it go for hours. Can someone please shed some wisdom? Also , can I delete them after I listen to them? I listen to them via the podcast app that came with this ios. (Hopefully the picture made it as well.) What is the difference between shaded (faint) and not shaded ones? Can't seem to change these.
Is there a manual?
Thank you!

Screen shot 2016-07-04 at 11.45.41 AM.png

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Try checking the ones you want and uncheck the others. I believe the grayed out ones are not currently in the library and will have to be re-downloaded. I could be wrong about this so I am looking for confirmation.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1286 MBP5,3 running 10.9.5, iphone6, Mac mini1,1 A1176 120/2gb
Hello Sly. Thanks. I can't see a difference with or w/o the check marks. Apparently deleting them on my phone doesn't work either as it just redownloads them to the phone with the next sync. I came up with a work around and that is to mark each as played. Not the best, but it works until I figure it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.