Help Please with setting new

Reaction score
Hi folks

I am a newbie to Mac. I have an admin account. I want to create another account.

Been to system preference/accounts

And no options to create new accounts???????

It lists my account, then other account guest?

Or can I add a new account?

Secondly, I have installed firefox & skype in the admin account. How can may these 2 applications availabe to other accounts after I have set them?

Thanks in advance

BB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
there is a "+" sign, you should click that to add new accounts in Settings>Accounts. Be sure to first press the lock symbol on the bottom left and enter your password to edit the Accounts menu

If you click on the Hard Drive and Applications, I think you should find the applications regardless of user, but not sure

OP
B
Reaction score
there is a "+" sign, you should click that to add new accounts in Settings>Accounts. Be sure to first press the lock symbol on the bottom left and enter your password to edit the Accounts menu

If you click on the Hard Drive and Applications, I think you should find the applications regardless of user, but not sure

Thanks Bud, One problem solved

Cheers

BB

OP
B
Reaction score

Hi folks

I am a newbie to Mac. I have an admin account. I want to create another account.

Been to system preference/accounts

And no options to create new accounts???????

It lists my account, then other account guest?

Or can I add a new account?

Secondly, I have installed firefox & skype in the admin account. How can may these 2 applications availabe to other accounts after I have set them?

Thanks in advance

BB

Thanks Bud, 2 problems solved

Cheers mate

BB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.