HELP please! Harmon Kardon stick speakers not working with my imac

Reaction score
speakers not working after moving the isub. Only faint sound when turned to max volume. - what gives???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I don't know which exact set of Soundsticks you have (Harman Kardon has revised them a few times over the years and the connections may have changed), but my guess would be either a damaged wire or the wires not plugged in right. The power on/off button on the back of the subwoofer doubles as a volume button, but I think it only affects the sub's output. Double-check it anyway.

OP
J
Reaction score
just got the stick III version. plugged them into my imac- then moved the isub slightly and boom... i can now only hear a faint sound on max volume. Any ideas anyone?

OP
J
Reaction score
thanks a lot for that guys.

Lifeisabeach - they are the latest ones version III. I have double checked all connections and found the same problem.... :(

shanijaf Thank you - i will check out your link.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Merged threads - please don't crosspost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

I just watched that video. I got a kick out of the guy saying "those plus and minus buttons seem to affect the sound." Well DUH! ;D

Thanks mate - they are now working perfectly... ;D

Glad you got that sorted. It didn't occur to me to suggest checking those buttons since you said you just moved the sub part. Anywho, I hope you enjoy the Soundsticks. I have an older set and they are quite easily one of the best sounding 2.1 computer speaker sets out there.

OP
J
Reaction score
yeah it was a funny one. the cut-out has no stopped! thanks for the help anyway ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.