Help me fight the relapse! Intend to buy Mac, Tempted to buy PC!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
Even assuming Vista gets straightened out (a large portion of their customer base is still waiting) you'll still have that miserable clog-prone registry, bug infections, and maintenance chores to deal with that Macs don't have. Of course you'll have programs to handle those, but each of those programs will require regular and frequent updating of their own. How much time/aggravation do you want to spend just keeping your box clean? Leaving all that crapola behind was the main driver behind my switch 18 months ago. Couldn't be more pleased. For me, its a new world compared with more than a decade of MS-based machines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
I have been a PC user since the TRS80 days,I have switched to the new iMac 20" 2.4 gig and I'll never go back, I have an XP machine for whatever I want to do in Windows,but the iMac is strictly Mac.
I don't know if I;ve convinced you, but Good luck whichever way you decide. Van

OP
E
Reaction score
I have been a PC user since the TRS80 days,I have switched to the new iMac 20" 2.4 gig and I'll never go back, I have an XP machine for whatever I want to do in Windows,but the iMac is strictly Mac.
I don't know if I;ve convinced you, but Good luck whichever way you decide. Van

You have all convinced me. I am going to purchase a macbook soon.. with a nice external 24" monitor to go with it =)

Are 24" LCD monitors compatible with a regular macbook?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The MacBook supports up to 1920 x 1200 resolution on an external monitor.
And I say monitor... I would highly recommend you buy a monitor for use as an external display, not an HD TV.

The method which Apple has chosen to display fonts, quite frankly bites when using an HD TV due to their low resolution when compared to a monitor.

The MacBook also uses a proprietary connection to fit in with the size of the notebook called a mini-dvi. So you'll need one of their adapters.

Mini-DVI port
DVI output using mini-DVI to DVI adapter (sold separately)
VGA output using mini-DVI to VGA adapter (sold separately)
Composite and S-video output using mini-DVI to video adapter (sold separately)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.