HELP mac crashing on power fluctuation (maybe)

Reaction score
Hey Team,

I've got a power riddle. I'm in the Uk where we use 240VAC coming out the wall.

I'm running an otherwise robust Mac mini (Late 2012), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB, C07LH1J4DY3H

Often when I plug in something to the power strips to which the mac is also connected, the mac totally freezes and eventually I get the multi-language black screen of death.

My REVOX A77 is a definite contender for freezing the mac. Even if I plug it in to the other side of the room, it still often freezes the mac.

I now have a FURMAN Power Conditioner Monitor Model PM-8E which I hoped would even out the power but I still have the issues. Not everything is running from it, but the Mac is.

Other gear attached to mac: Audio interface, (ancient) MBox2 Pro via firewire. 2 monitors.

anyone had and overcame similar problems?

chyuz

H

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Grab the panic logs from the Console->System Reports and paste it here so we can see what is the culprit..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.