HELP! Keyboard not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X v. 10.6.5
Help. My keyboard is not working. I checked the batteries and they are good. I am in Windows 7 and even cannot switch over to Mac to see if the keyboard works there. The Mac is just over a month old.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
How can we help?

Where'd you get it? If at an Apple Store, go back and they'll take care of you.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Help. My keyboard is not working. I checked the batteries and they are good. I am in Windows 7 and even cannot switch over to Mac to see if the keyboard works there. The Mac is just over a month old.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Some suggestions & questions:

- firstly it would have been helpful if you mentioned originally that you have a wireless keyboard...if it wasn't for the mention of the "batteries"...no one would have a clue.

- is this a Apple wireless keyboard or another brand?

- did your Macintosh come with a "wired" keyboard...or do you have a wired keyboard? You could plug in the wired keyboard to see if maybe it's something computer related.

- You said that you cannot "switch over to Mac" to see if the keyboard works there. Why not reboot your computer (holding down the option key)...and then choose the Mac OS to boot into.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.