HELP!! iMAC BUILT IN ETHERNET CARD

P

phullg

hi ya
need urgent help, ive got an imac flat screen 800Mhz Power Pc 256 mb (mac os x 10.3.2)...just recently connected to cable broadband...had been working fine with no problems, was connected via ethernet....last 2 days its been on blink...the modem is fine and the service provider say its ok, they wont touch the mac so im worried that the built in ethernet card has gone wrong....we had violent thunderstoms and do u think that could of caused a fault i dunno just a bit worried...also how can i see if working or not and wat can i do!!! HELP!!!!
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Not that this has anything to do with the problem, is there a reason you're not at 10.3.4?

When I call about a problem (Insightbb.com) the first person I get just follows a script. Often it is a temp answering the phone as the first line of troubleshooting. (I know this for a fact. I have a relative that has been working with Insight for several years.) I've had them tell me that they can access my computer and that everything is ok with the modem and my computer. I'm sitting behind a firewall, so I know (more often than not) they don't know what they are doing. Maybe you're getting bad info from your provider.

What is blinking, the sync light? If it doesn't sync with the service provider, then the problem is between the modem and your provider. Does it keep blinking when your computer is off? If yes, then it sounds like it isn't syncing with the provider.

Do you have access to an external firewire drive or other firewire device? (video camera, etc.)

Have you tried a different ethernet cable?

Have you tried resetting the Network settings? Manually, if you know what to do or "assist me" (button at bottom of window Network window).
open System Preferences/Network/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Have you unplugged the modem for a couple of minutes, somtimes it just needs to reset.

Should have added…
None of my remedies are going to work if it isn't syncing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.