Help deciding which MacBook to get?

Reaction score
I'm so ready to ditch my PC and get my first mac.
Here's my situation. I'm buying a car soon, so I need the most affordable macbook I can get. Obviously a refurbished 1.8 Ghz 80GB core 2 duo air seems the most fitting.
I like to make movies for school projects, or just for fun. I film in full HD and I have a program to install once I get a new notebook.
So thinking it was a good idea, I talked to my professional film maker friend about it and he was all like No, you need this this this and this which added up to be like $400 more! he also said it was basically stretching an Ipod Touch out to 13 in screen and giving it an OS and he made it seem like the most horrid computer ever and the HD will die eventually and all of these terrible things.. is this true? because for now it looks like the Air is my only opportunity in joining the mac world. Please help

Reaction score
Dude, this question is so stupid that I stumbled upon it and had to sign up to tell you this question is so stupid.

How the **** are you going to edit HD movies with a portable laptop? Do it right or don't do it at all. The AIR is meant for portability which means weak, portable, efficient. It's not going to be editing HD movies on it's slow-efficient processor.

OP
N
Reaction score
Dude, this question is so stupid that I stumbled upon it and had to sign up to tell you this question is so stupid.

How the **** are you going to edit HD movies with a portable laptop? Do it right or don't do it at all. The AIR is meant for portability which means weak, portable, efficient. It's not going to be editing HD movies on it's slow-efficient processor.

Well thanks for joining, just to be a ****.
I actually don't know. That's why I'm asking this question, advice on which computer to buy. Not because I want people to call me an idiot.
I've read and people say you can run Final Cut Pro on it which made me wonder if it would do the job.
And I'm obviously not a professional film maker. I mostly do school projects and unless you happen to be in my classroom watching my movies, dont get so upset about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.