Help! 9.2.1 Upgrade problems

Reaction score
:eek: I have G4 Yikes 400mhz PCI video with aftermaket internal DVD. Downloaded 9.2.1 update from apple site and I tried to install update from 9.1 to 9.2.1 to install OS Tiger but computer froze everytime, I got and error:127, so I just loaded OS Tiger anyway; it worked everything was great until I tried to run a classic program, classic startup froze everytime. Any help would be appreciated.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I did some checking and 9.2.1 should upgrade 9.1. Don't know what is going on. Reason classic is locking now is your OS9 is all messed up. Do you have your 9.1 install media? If so, install that new and then apply the 9.2.1 update. Should work.

OP
K
Reaction score
I only have OS 9.0 system disks and have upgraded to 9.1 through several updates from the apple website should this matter as to wether I can upgrade to 9.2.2?

Reaction score
Kcosh, I apologize for any misinformation. My memory is faulty. I recall my computer repeatedly crashing with Classic until I upgraded 9.1 to 9.2.2, but the Apple site says Classic works with 9.1. I was equating the crashing with the incorrect belief that 9.2.2 was necessary.

Again, my apologies.

OP
K
Reaction score
Update still freezes machine, could there be a problem updating due to the DVD drive or drivers, I did pull it out of a PC it's a sony DVD writer, I'm thinking the reason for classic not starting is because It doesn't know what to do with this device in the update from OS 9.1 to 9.2., therefore not being able to start classic from OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.