Hear glub, glub, glub then left airPod goes quiet.

Reaction score
Every couple of days, I am taking a walk, either listening to a podcast or a radio show, when I hear a high pitched glub glub glub like water, and then my left AirPod goes quiet. I check my watch and my phone (both with current OS), to see if there is any kind of message, but don't find one. I look at my power levels and see that the AirPod is charged, and then take the AirPod and put it in its case for a minute. I take it out and it works again.

Maybe those things are unrelated. What causes these?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I don't use AirPods but I do use wireless ear-pods quite a lot. I cant say I've ever experienced anything like that. How old are these AirPods?

OP
H
Reaction score
I don't use AirPods but I do use wireless ear-pods quite a lot. I cant say I've ever experienced anything like that. How old are these AirPods?
A couple of years old. They were the 2nd iteration of the original AirPods.

OP
H
Reaction score
I went to the Apple Store, expecting to spend money. They tested it on the table and then in the back room and found something wrong with them and replaced them for free. Very happy!

I had replaced the case a few months ago, so now the buds hand the case have been replaced. Like the Revolutionary Axe, same Airpods, different case nd different buds.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.