HealthKit homekit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2014 Mac mini with 16GB RAM & 1TB SSD and a 2018 Mac Book Air with 256GB SSD.
I just successly downloaded 8.0.2 on my iPad Air. I can not find the HealthKit app. That is one of the main apps that I upgraded for. Can someone please tell me where Homekit and Healthkit apps are? I looked in the App Store and can't find them there either.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There is a "health" app but it's only available for the iPhone and iPod Touch (source):
Health is available on iPhone 4s or later and iPod touch (5th generation).
HomeKit, as far as I know, is something developers plug into and is not an app that you download.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2014 Mac mini with 16GB RAM & 1TB SSD and a 2018 Mac Book Air with 256GB SSD.
There is a "health" app but it's only available for the iPhone and iPod Touch (source):HomeKit, as far as I know, is something developers plug into and is not an app that you download.

Thank You for that info. I was hoping it would be available on my IPad Air, but, oh well.

I guess I need to cross my fingers and download 8.0.2 on my iPhone 5.

C

chas_m

HomeKit and HealthKit are APIs, not programs.

Health (the app) is already on your iPhone if you upgraded to iOS 8. Apps based on HealthKit are now available in the App Store. Apps based on HomeKit are too, but they largely rely on controlling equipment like a Nest thermostat or Philips Hue light bulbs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.