Headphones: Do they Work?

Reaction score
I'm new to iPhone, so not a lot of experience. I searched, but couldn't really find an answer. Can you only take incoming calls on the headphones? I tried to make a call with the headphones plugged in, but the other party couldn't hear me. I clicked the mic a few times but it was a no go. I also took a call the other day while in a store then plugged the headphones in when I got to the car. They didn't work that time either. Are my headphones bad, or am I just not using them right. FWIW, I have yet to take a call with them pluggedin.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
are you sure its getting plugged in all the way? otherwise it sounds like you've got a faulty headset

OP
R
Reaction score
I can listen to music on mine though. I just figured you'd be able to at least make a call with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
ok first month i had the iphone (that was around 5 months ago) i used the original earphone and it works all properly, but then i kind of need better sound quality since i am listening music so often with my iphone, so i no longer using the original earphone. Last month i broke my headphone, so i am back to the original one, and since then i could only hear music, making phonecall too but the mic doesnt seem to work. Now i have a new headphones, i have a new problem, it keeps on changing the sound quality when it moves, as if it is not plugged well, and i know its not the headphones prob, coy i tried with my old ipod. So i am pretty sure that its the jack connector problem. is there anyway to clean it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
You could try cleaning it with compressed air, if that doesnt work you may have to take it in to get serviced as the jack may be defective. A defective jack should be covered by the one year warranty with apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.