• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

have people heard of...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
pandora ?

www.pandora.com

its an internet playlist/streaming site.

for free you can type an artist in and it will find that artist and artists like them and create a streaming playlist for you.

love it !

what do you guys think. :D

Reaction score
Wow that sound real cool christm! Thanks for sharing for sharing this site!!

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah I saw that a couple of years ago. Had it bookmarked and everything but I stopped going because it was so slow to load, my god.

I'll have to check it once again then! Thanks for reminding me! :D

Reaction score
A coupla years ago Pandora really creeped me out.

I accidentally found the site, and lo and behold there were a bunch of tunes that are as obscure as they come — jazz recorded in the 1920s by the same orchestras, some of those as obscure 85 years ago as they are now, that reside inside my computer.

I couldn't figure it out. Pandora had to have set a cookie, or something like it, but I never found it.

Turns out that months before, a relative had found the site, so there were no ghosts of dead orchestra leaders in the machine, after all. I never found the cookie or whatever it was that Pandora had planted.

But the breadth of the music that site has is amazing.

Reaction score
Ive been on there for a while this morning and have discovered a whole bunch of songs that I like. Thank you again christm for putting this site on here!!

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no problem. cheers guys for replying.

i had it bookmarket on my ibook for a while but never really went on it.

i love it. been listening to it for a few hours now.

update: it now says i have to register but im in the UK and dont have a US zip code.

any ideas ?

M

MacHeadCase

That's a bummer, christm. I wonder if you simply type in a zip code, like for instance for New York city, will it look to see i you really are from that place or let you in anyway? Hmm. :\

Reaction score
Take mine, 27278 from Hillsborough North Carolina(Yeah I've never heard of it either!)

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol thanks. i have found one. thanks guys.

btw: i do not agree with any illegal doings. - pandora is said to be going international so coming over here soon. so seems ok to use any zip.

thanks.

Reaction score
You can have mine too... 27012 in Winston-Salem, NC :) I saw this site somewhere before just never used it... but I am now (listening to the Eagles)... Thanks!

Reaction score
You can have mine too... 27012 in Winston-Salem, NC :) I saw this site somewhere before just never used it... but I am now (listening to the Eagles)... Thanks!

I think you are the first person from NC that Ive seen on M-F!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
This is great :D thanks alot christm!

Reaction score
GN, macminiman is from NC too, he lives in Wilmington... and note: I'm not from here, just reside here, LOL! I'm actually close to Charlotte (Clemmons is the name of where I actually live).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
very cool site. great post!

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks guys for all the rep. have given it back to most of you if i havnt let me know.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
That's awesome. One of my friends actually showed me that site a while ago, but I forgot what it was called. So thanks for posting it on here. :)

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no probs. i love it.

massive range of music on it as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I think you are the first person from NC that Ive seen on M-F!

GN, macminiman is from NC too, he lives in Wilmington... and note: I'm not from here, just reside here, LOL! I'm actually close to Charlotte (Clemmons is the name of where I actually live).

Hey Guys, Though GulfvetSAF got my name totally wrong :Smirk: its all good though.

Yes I am in Wilmington, NC. I just Moved down here from NJ and I am loving it.

And by the way I have been to Pandora b4 and its a neat website.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.