• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Happy Easter long weekend holiday everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
There's always one in every group .... too late about not meaning to be offensive sidewinder ... the damage is done.

I thought it was funny.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

I'm not too particularly fond of seeing dogs, which are in the same family as wolves, tear apart, deer, fox, hare, cats, etc. And if you like slaughterhouse scenes I can understand that but I don't... :blind:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I'm not too particularly fond of seeing dogs, which are in the same family as wolves, tear apart, deer, fox, hare, cats, etc. And if you like slaughterhouse scenes I can understand that but I don't... :blind:

With all respect MHC, isn't the comic you posted about slaughtered rabbits too? You may say that they are chocolate-rabbits, not real rabbits so it isn't cruel, yet they are depicted as living, councious, pseudo-smart creatures.

No, i don't think the slaughthering of a little animal is funny, what makes it funny for my is the use of the pictures and think of the reactions it produces. I find funny how people get mad about something that never intended that reaction.
I just thought it was a little unfair to criticize sideways like that for that post just because most of you don't share his humor.

Anyway, enjoy your Easter. Holiday or not i still have to work.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Chocolate = living animal? Jeez.

Anyway let's forget this. If M-F staff wants to, they can delete this stoopid thread. Its first intention was good natured and it turns out to be a debate on chocolate = living animals slaughter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
When I woke up this morning, there was a Godiva White Chocolate bunny waiting for me.

I have such a cool wife. :)

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Aww that's very cute, caribiner! Happy Easter to your wife as well. :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Even cooler is that fact that my kids got baskets full 'o' candy and iTunes cards. :)

OP
M

MacHeadCase

I got iTunes cards for my birthday a month ago that was a real blast! So the whole family is going to enjoy Easter. That's great! :flower:

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Yeah but on the one hand we pat our tummies saying we are civilized on one hand and on the other we excuse certain things saying this is nature. It's either one or the other. If it is nature then let's go at it, forget criminal laws and may the strongest ones survive.

I am not denying this is nature but come on! This thread was innocent in its intentions, a holiday wish to everyone and you flip it upside down and turn it into something else entirely, a debate about survival of the fittest. Jeez!

So let this stoopid thread die for heavens sake if you want to debate about things that were not intended in the first place. Sorry I ever started this thread now.

Next year, I'll remember this is a no-no.

Reaction score
When did it become a debate about survival of the fittest? I'm lost.

Easter thread. Someone posted a funny picture. Makes sense to me.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

And it is funny to you. Not to me.

Dog chews on rabbit head, hence dog killed with great glee said rabbit = survival of the fittest.

Anyway I hope staff comes in here to put this thread out of its misery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
There's always one in every group .... too late about not meaning to be offensive sidewinder ... the damage is done.

Hey Pulse-8, what is the symbol in your avatar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Change subject... Change subject...

Happy Easter, Keester...

Yumm! Choreg... Easter Eggs...

Happy Keester.jpg

Coreg.jpg

EasterEggs.jpg

Reaction score
<Rant>

To me this thread is simply for people to firstly wish each other a safe and happy easter break & secondly a celebration of an upcoming chocolate fest.

MacHeadCase created this thread with good intentions and I'm sure she didn't forsee it turning into a flame/debate/whateveryacallit about all the issues that one might raise when ponder on how society has turned the aniversary of a historical religious event into a consumer grab on rabbit shaped chocolate treats.

Now rabbits are a bloody pest here and we shoot them, simple as that. We also have the Easter Bilby, which is an alternative to the rabbit, which is a pest to us. That doesn't give me the right to hijack a thread which is essentially a good will message and get on my soap box about how a good rabbit is a dead rabbit!

Whether or not that image of the dog with the gruesome remains of the head of an animal in it's mouth is funny and deserves commending because it was posted in a thread which supposedly gave kudos to rabbits has nothing to do with wishing the M-F members a happy Easter break ....

Who knows what each and everyone of us get up to in the real world but basically if you see a thread wishing goodwill then why post there unless you share the sentiments??

Definitely, IMHO this thread can only serve to split members into factions - and was not the intentions of MHC at all.

It's totally ridiculous that a member can't post a thread in good faith without having to deal with other members jumping in looking for an opening so they can make life uncomfortable for others...I don't care if I cop it for this as I've had a gutfull .... just pull your heads in!

</Rant>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That Post about the dog and the dead rabit belongs to the Thread "What did you shoot today?" Let me paraphrase it: What did you kill today?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Eastern Standard Time, we have 2 minutes left to celebrate Easter. Let's consider this a happy Easter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Indeed. Happy Easter!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Ehh...my easter was boring...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.