Hack virus

Hanshi

Reaction score
my macmini seems infected or hacked. I still have an old apple laptop. If i do not copy the macmini but start from a factory reset on the laptop building up the system leaving all possibly infected hardware behind would that get rid of te hacker??
I choose new apple id password and mailpassword yesterday but the intruder is already in the system. Possibly reading what i typ in……the macmini would not shut down yesterday inhad to force it as mail program prevented shut down….
aso my iphone is haced so if inget a new one indo not copy the old one and get a new simcard. Than buildup the system from scratch on the iphone too
would that be enough to get rid of a hacker?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Welcome to the forum.

How do you know you have been hacked? That is a very unlikely event. Before we can make any other comment we need to know exactly what Macs do you have, and what version of the OS is on each one. Same for the iPhone, what model, what version iOS?

Reaction score
my macmini seems infected or hacked...
also my iphone is hacked

It is unlikely that your Macintosh is infected with malware, but if it is it can likely be easily cleaned of the infection. Download and run:

VirusBarrier Free Edition (free)

What makes you think that your Macintosh has been hacked? It is highly unlikely that your Mac and/or your iPhone are hacked. I've been helping Macintosh users for over 30 years. Many thousands of them. In all that time I've never heard a single believable case of a Macintosh being hacked.

If you are concerned about being hacked, turn on the firewall in your Internet router. (In fact, it is likely that it is already on.) Or, you can turn on the software firewall in the Macintosh OS (you don't need to use both):

The Macintosh is not Windows. Mac's are highly secure. If you experience anomalous behavior from your Macintosh, your first thought should NOT be that it's due to a virus or a hacker.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.