Grrrr... shipping takes forever!

M

mac_noobie

Hi, I ordered a powerbook last monday, and Apple said it would ship in 1-2 bus. days... But it ended up shipping on Saterday. Now when I check the shipping status it says shipment exception under status, whatever that means I don't know. Then in my comformation email when they told me it shipped they said if you chose standard shipping method than allow up to 10 days for it to arrive. However, when I bought it the Apple website said standard shipping was free and took up to 5 days, where is the 10 days coming form? How long does it normally take for these things to get to their destination? I was hoping for a week or so but its turning out more like half a month...

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
think yourself lucky, i asked about getting a Powermac dual 2.5, wont even get one on the Uk til at least mid Sept, and if ever i want a 30" cinema display, no good because it needs a £500 graphics card which wont be available in the UK for the next 4-6weeks. Apple have really messed up, no iMacs, no Powermac g5's, whats somebody suppose to buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
I hear ya, man. When I ordered my 17" powerbook it took a week and one day. I ordered it on a Sunday, and it came on a Monday. The Fedex tracking said it was going to arrive that friday, but it got held in customs in Alaska. That was the longest weekend ever! To top it off I started my new job that Monday so I had to wait until 5pm to come home and play with my new toy. Luckily my boss doesn't care that I bring my own laptop in to work to use instead of the slow panasonic pentium-M I have here.

OP
I

Icarus

yeah...I hear ya. I went to my apple store and picked up my Powerbook about 24 hours after ordering it because they had to install the extra ram I ordered...isn't that terrible to wait that long?! :)

OP
M

menace3054

yea, im the most impatient person in the world. i had to go to the apple store to get it. you should have gotten it from apple store or comp usa or somewhere

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
When i bought my 17 powerbook it took so long! like 2 weeks. I think it took so long becouse I upgraded the graphics card. But don't worry it is so worth it! :D

Reaction score
Keep in mind that your product might be shipping from overseas. In my case I wanted the 12" PB with 5400 rpm 80 GB drive, and that took an extra day to configure and had to ship directly from Taiwan! Fortunately, I went for the expedited shipping, so it was on FEDEX, and I was able to track it every step of the way from Taiwan to Anchorage to Indy to my house.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Mine came from Shanghai, I upgraded the graphics card. Otherwise I would have just went into an Apple store.

OP
M

mac_noobie

Turns out I am lucky, I just went to track my package and the information was updated, it's due in tomorrow before 10:30 AM, and if not then, then it will be here at 4:30 PM.

OP
A

adam80

This is exactly why I paid the extra $12 bucks for 2 day shipping for my 12" PB I ordered back in February. I ordered it on a Monday. They built it on Tuesday. They Shipped it on Wednesday. I received the PB on Thursday the same week. Worth the $12 bucks if you ask me. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.