graphicstock.com scam?

Reaction score
I'm a new user here, and stupidly signed up for the Mac-Forums Brief...
An 'offer' appeared in my inbox this morning stating I could get 7 days free downloading from graphicstock.com (sounded like a good deal).

In the email from Mac-Forums, it said all I needed to do was:
'Just create a username and password, and you get download access to everything on GraphicStock for 7 days. You can download 20 images per day.'

So I did this, and guess what... It then wanted my credit card details etc for a subscription.
Sure, the first 7 days were free, but after that, it was $49.95 per month.

Nowhere in the 'offer' email did it tell me of this 'extra' condition, and the web site only told me this AFTER I had signed up & given them my email address etc.

WHAT A SCAM. If this is what Mac-Forums think is a good deal for members, they should be ashamed. Sure, they can do with the advertising dollars, but come on guys, at least BE HONEST IN ADVANCE.

I wonder how many other people got sucked in like me ?

Regards, Greg.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
I received the same email. i was reluctant from the beginning and decided to pass.

OP
G
Reaction score
I actually read the terms & conditions on their web site (does anyone else ever do this)?
And discovered I couldn't actually 'use' any images that I downloaded due to copyright.
Maybe it is different if I was a 'paid' subscriber ?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I did the same with this same offer the first time it came around and reported it to iNet, the owner of this site, asking if anyone actually vetted these offers prior to them being sent to our members.

Never received a response.

One of the several reasons I am a now a peon here.

This should once again be reported to iNet.

The offer above, "after" you give them your email address and set up an account with a user name and password - you "do not" get access to the "7 days free" the offer states unless you give them a CC # - which as Greg has pointed out, you are "not" told about until "after" they get your email address.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
1) 49.95 is very costly for non commercial graphics work.
2) Never try something that comes in your email box as spam..

IMHO... Stay away from it..
There are other places like shutter stock, flickr, deviantART and so on that you can find artwork/graphics for cheap and even some commercial licensing.

Reaction score
I got this email from graphic stock and tried the archives downloading some vectors. The site allows a limit of 20 daily downloads in the seven trial days. So I did, downloading what I needed and before the seven days, I followed up the site instruction's that, if I didn't want to keep on the subscription, just cancel the subscription before the end of trial period and the monthly fee would be automatically suspended. It worked fine. In this kind of offerings, always read all details mentioned in the site, because the commercial idea is almost to hide some information such as the cancelling options before the end of trial period.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.