Got Tiger....ITS AWESOME

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
James said:
You heard wrong, lots of new features and seems a tad faster too on my system.

Very true. Some of the Mac haters are saying going from Panther to Tiger is like installing SP1 or SP2 on XP. Not the tiger I installed. It's more like going from 2K to XP. So many new features but what a lot of people don't notice are all the improvements that are in the background and not visible till you use it and notice how much better this or that runs.

I bought Tiger today at 6PM at my CompUSA Mac department. The Mac people there had it together and we had a great time right at 6 PM Sharp. There were door prizes, A drawing for a IPod Shuffle and a lot of demos of Tiger on a Dual 2.5Ghz Power Mac. Had a great time but excused myself after answering a few questions so I could go home and install it on my Mini. Very impressed. Love Spotlight, Dashboard, Automatter ETC. Very impressed with Safari 2.0 RRS, The improvements to Mail, Ichat, and even more important for me, Networking in general and especially with Windows shares! Very impressive and the windows passwords are now remembered in the Keychain. That itself made my day as I am constantly having to network with XP and 2k Systems.

I am happy with my purchase!!!

Oh and James, There were 200 Copies of OSX in that Bin you saw down there! Dang! There was quite a turnout too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
JRV said:
i heard it was basically the same thing as panther and overall not worth it

hi

maybe you heard from somewhere it was basically panther
- of course it is it's still osx, but its better.

take it from me - you pays your money you takes your choice

i've got it and love all of the improvements and enhancements.

regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.