Got My iPhone 6+ today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
A week earlier than Verizon originally promised!

Just a few comments, not a review. (My previous phone was an iPhone 5.) I don't see how anyone can bend it without putting it in their back pocket and sitting on it. It slips easily and fully into my front jean's pockets (either side) and causes no discomfort when sitting.

It is thin, but I think it fits securely in my hand. I believe it would be difficult to use single handed, but I never really used the iPhone 5 it replaced single handed anyway. When using it as a phone (something that seems to be rare from all the reviews) it is comfortable and not overly large. I am in a low signal area, but the call clarity seems a little better than the iPhone 5 (very subjective and unscientific analysis).

The screen is beautiful and the fingerprint sensor really works. Just remember to enroll finger(s) from both hands. The larger screen is really great for reading emails and I am pleased with the ability to use other on screen keyboards.

I am pleased with my purchase and look forward to using it fully.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm wondering how well the 6+ will be to do our forums using the Mac Forums Tapa-Talk app that's free in the iTunes App store. I've used the app several times on my 5c and it works real well. It should be great on the 6+. If you care to try it, let us know how it went.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Congrats on getting your iPhone 6+…and getting it a week early!:) Thanks for the thoughts on its bend-ability/durability. Good to hear that it's not as "whimpy" as the popular media would like to make us believe.

- Nick

Reaction score
I've had my 6+ for 2 weeks, and I absolutely *LOVE* it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I hope the 6 is as durable as the 6+. I ordered a 6 last week and normally carry my phone in my front pocket. I don't like phone cases, so I'm hoping it holds up ok in my front pocket without any additional protection.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
None of the iPhones are drop proof. That's why I opted for accidental damage coverage on mine. A case does adds weight and bulk to the phone and makes it more difficult to carry around in a front pocket.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I'm wondering how well the 6+ will be to do our forums using the Mac Forums Tapa-Talk app that's free in the iTunes App store. I've used the app several times on my 5c and it works real well. It should be great on the 6+. If you care to try it, let us know how it went.

I love it so far, the app works really well on the 6 Plus. It's much easier than the web while out and about.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the quick review John. Now that the 6 and 6+ are the best selling iPhones yet, I hope more folks will use the Mac Forums app to access our forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.