Got another steal, I mean deal!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 13" MB Air 128GB 1.8ghz 8GB RAM
Got another great deal from the pawn shop i go to all the time. I picked up a MBP, 13" 128 gb 2.3 processor 8 gb ram, original purchase date is 11/20/19. That's correct, its 30 days old and it has Applecare until 11/20/2021. How much did I pay for this you ask?
$699 plus tax!
My son is going to have a great Christmas!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Great deal considering that is a ~1k machine in the refurbished store. Great find!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Maybe I should start visiting the local pawn shop. :) Enjoy the "new to you" gear.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe I should start visiting the local pawn shop. :) Enjoy the "new to you" gear.
Thanks! This is the first time I have seen newer ones, they are usually 4+ years old. I go to the shop every other Saturday and have saved hundreds of dollars.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great deal considering that is a ~1k machine in the refurbished store. Great find!
Thanks! 2 weeks ago I scored 2 MBA 13" 128 gb 1.8 processor 8 gb. One is only 3.5 months old and the other is about 5 months old. Both still under warranty. Paid $980 + tax for both!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Mentioned the first deal to my spouse and she wondered out loud whether the Mac in question had been, shall we say, liberated from its owner illegally.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Got another great deal from the pawn shop i go to all the time. I picked up a MBP, 13" 128 gb 2.3 processor 8 gb ram, original purchase date is 11/20/19. That's correct, its 30 days old and it has Applecare until 11/20/2021. How much did I pay for this you ask?
$699 plus tax!
My son is going to have a great Christmas!

Hey applejoe...do you happen to live near a military base?

Pawn Shops near military bases can be great places to shop...when you have all those 18-20 year old military members who get their monthly pay...and in the 1st week they spend it all on wine, women, and song. Then the other 3 weeks of the month they are busy pawning things at local pawn shops (unfortunately). Bad money management 1st time away from home.

This is what I did when I was in the military...since I wasn't one of those guys (saved my money) what little I got paid back then! Lol

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mentioned the first deal to my spouse and she wondered out loud whether the Mac in question had been, shall we say, liberated from its owner illegally.
I thought the same but:
1. the owners knew the password to wipe it clean at the shop
2. they both came with the original boxes, I doubt a thief would have the boxes
3. I know the shop owners and they are very careful with vetting purchases

Hey applejoe...do you happen to live near a military base?

Pawn Shops near military bases can be great places to shop...when you have all those 18-20 year old military members who get their monthly pay...and in the 1st week they spend it all on wine, women, and song. Then the other 3 weeks of the month they are busy pawning things at local pawn shops (unfortunately). Bad money management 1st time away from home.

This is what I did when I was in the military...since I wasn't one of those guys (saved my money) what little I got paid back then! Lol

I don't think there is one close, I live just west of Orlando Fl. It's that time of year that people are desperate for cash. You would not believe the deals you can get right now on Mac and Snap On tool boxes. Facebook Marketplace is flooded with deals.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.