Google pop-ups

Reaction score
How can I get rid of these annoying Google sign-in popups that I get on my IOS devices? Solutions online all say something like:

1. Sign in to accounts.google.com on your IOS device.
2. Click on the Security tab.
3. Find the "Sign in to other sites" section.
4. Click on "Signing in with Google."
5. Find the "Google Account sign-in prompts" toggle. Turn it off.

But I don't seem to have the Sign in to other sites section referenced in step 3, and I can't find a "Google Account sign-in" toggle switch anywhere else. My iPhone is running 16.2. Is there a newer procedure?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
OP
tobindia
Reaction score
I expect you've been to the following sites after a online search?:
I have seen this. It may solve my problem if I switch from Google search, but I'm not sure that I want to switch from the Google search engine.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I'm not sure that I want to switch from the Google search engine.

Understandable. We all have to make choices and compare the benefits against the disadvantages.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
How can I get rid of these annoying Google sign-in popups that I get on my IOS devices?

I very seldom use an iOS device when surfing the web but do you use Google Chrome on my iMac and like you I prefer to use a Google search option and I'm just wondering if some of the options to reduce the Google pop-up might also apply to your situation which you could easily check I'm sure:

I should go and have a look at my own settings as I occasionally get those pop-ups to use my Google account, but I just ignore them and carry on. Maybe I could get them turned off completely but as I say, they are very seldom for me.

- Patrick
=======

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
tobindia, first, let me say that I defend anyone's right to use whatever software or applications they choose on their Apple devices.

That being said, I personally would not and do not waste my time trying to get a huge, invasive corporation like Google to do what I want instead of what they clearly want me to see and do eg. Google Trends, suggestions in Search ect.

There are some almost unavoidable interactions with Google services I retain but generally speaking I de-Googled my devices years ago.
Google Chrome browser and the Google search engine were the first to go.

Now I live a life free from pop-ups, video panels, advertising panels, suggested sites in searches and can see the number of trackers and ads that have been blocked in the past year, currently 174,373.

The question that most people ask me is, wont I get different search results with a different (not Google) search engine? The answer is definitely yes. What you wont see are sites that pay Google to be top of the list. Hopefully (depending on your chosen search engine) you will see "hits" that are reflective of your search terms in the order of most to least relevant.

Of course this is just my personal opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I also "de-Googled" a few years back. The only Alphabet app I use is Waze, which I was using before Alphabet bought them a few years ago. However, Waze is the best app I have found for traffic avoidance routing, so I keep using it. Its model is that every user system reports where it is, and how it is moving, so the algorithms in the central server can compute what is actually happening, rather than relying on traffic reports. So Google knows where I am, but then again, so does my cell provider, so nothing new revealed there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.