• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

GMail: Have no Invite? Don't worry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Gmail!

erm... terms?

please note: I have nothing to do with the sale of goods or services... you buy at your own risk... they are not mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
N

Nightblade

You know what sucks about Gmail? OS 9 users can't use it! It only supports Safari, Mozilla, Firefox, and a version of Netscape that's not for OS 9. Those other browsers aren't for OS 9 either. Normally this wouldn't be a problem for me, but recently the internet stopped working for me in OS X, and now I have to use it in OS 9! I know, it's strange. In one operating system (OS 9) the internet works, and in another (OS X) it doesn't. I actually posted a thread about this in the OS 9 discussion, but only Rman's replied yet. So, until I somehow get the internet in OS X back, there's no way I'll be able to use Gmail. Hopefully I'll get it back....

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
I've my gmail account... Didn't buy it either like those suckers on eBay. Those folks on eBay will buy just about anything....

*sells used toilet paper*

It's recycling init?

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nightblade said:
You know what sucks about Gmail? OS 9 users can't use it! It only supports Safari, Mozilla, Firefox, and a version of Netscape that's not for OS 9. Those other browsers aren't for OS 9 either. Normally this wouldn't be a problem for me, but recently the internet stopped working for me in OS X, and now I have to use it in OS 9! I know, it's strange. In one operating system (OS 9) the internet works, and in another (OS X) it doesn't. I actually posted a thread about this in the OS 9 discussion, but only Rman's replied yet. So, until I somehow get the internet in OS X back, there's no way I'll be able to use Gmail. Hopefully I'll get it back....

Does IE not work?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I tried it yesterday. IE 5.1.7 will not sign into Gmail.

haha, suckers on eBay. I got mine for my sanity. (STUPID RANDOM NUMBER GAMES!)

N

nesuser2

Is there something wrong with buying a Gmail account on ebay? I mean...really? I just bought one on there.....hopefully it doesn't infest my PC with all sorts of junk, but then I would have to use my mac ALL day....it could be worse :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram
does anyone know of a plugin to download gmail in Mail?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Yes there is something wrong with buying a GMail account on ebay - it's against the GMail terms of service to charge for accounts. The person you're buying it off probably got his account for free. And the ability to invite people is given randomly out (or at least it appears that way), for free. I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll be able to find one for free... from what I've heard and seen, a lot of people with GMail accounts are getting invites to give out at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram
Hey, dont be mad at me. I didnt buy mine! lol

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Update: Mozilla 1.2.1 will login to Gmail on OS 9. It says its not compatible, just click on sign in anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Thread locked....
Doesn't really fit this category and there are other gmail threads that can be used in Anything Goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.