• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Getting seriosuly snubbed by my PC friends

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well after all the advice you got, have one thing to say.

This is great news as you did need new and better friends that that old crowd!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
I've received no bad comments about using a Mac, just interest.
There's four of us now in a small office and I don't think any of us are too pushy about it.
I find it helps not to try and indoctrinate people around you and let them make their own choice.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I used pcs from 1996 until 2010. I always made fun of Mac users until i used one for about a week. I had to have one. Tell them to look at what comes on the pc, too many junk programs. If you look at the Mac they have things you want to use. I still use windows at school and the most common thing people say to me is about the price and no right click.
This one kid kicked my iBook screen at school really hard. I picked it up and it didn't even scratch it. The quality of these machines is amazing compared to the average pc laptop or desktop.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I used pcs from 1996 until 2010. I always made fun of Mac users until i used one for about a week. I had to have one. Tell them to look at what comes on the pc, too many junk programs. If you look at the Mac they have things you want to use. I still use windows at school and the most common thing people say to me is about the price and no right click.
This one kid kicked my iBook screen at school really hard. I picked it up and it didn't even scratch it. The quality of these machines is amazing compared to the average pc laptop or desktop.

I am not the physical type that goes around hitting people or getting into fights, but if someone at a school I went to grabbed my computer, Pc, Mac, whatever and kicked it, they would be in some serious pain for a long time to come. :D

I am really a peaceful person and walk the other way 99.99% of the time, but that would be the straw what broke the camels back for me. When I saw a video with Guy Kawasaki interviewing Steve Balmer and Steve grabbing his Air out of his hands and manhandling it, Balmer would have been in pain also. :D Grin.
But then again I have no respect for Steve Balmer. None at all. Gates I do, but not Balmer! :D

You just don't break or touch other peoples property.

I hope I don't come off sounding mean, I have been harassed by people all my life and always walked the other way, but that is going way too far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There was a teacher right there that saw the whole thing and he got detention for it made me really mad though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will say in 2008 and 2009 I was a really bad Mac hater always talking about windows and then my school sold our hp's with vista and got MacBooks and I fell in love with them. I don't pick fights with windows owners until they start making me mad cause they lie saying ransom things that they don't even know about on the Mac. Every Mac person I talk to doesn't brag about their Mac unless they are talking to another mac owner.

Reaction score
Adding a late note. Windows users invest a large amount of time and effort becoming familiar with all the quirks and foibles of their OS. It offends them deeply that Mac users can just sit down and use their computers with a minimum of learning - it almost seems like cheating. In the early days when I used MS-DOS I remember writing a ZBasic program that showed a picture of a Mac being destroyed by a machine gun, motivated by much the same mind set.
Lately I find less anti-Mac sentiment, but perhaps the people around me a are maturing. The computer industry seems to be going through another climate change and mass extinction, who knows where MicroSoft and Apple are going to end up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2012 iMac I7 3.4, 1 TB Fusion, 2 gigs Video, 24 gigs Ram, Yosemite 10.10.2
forget about it, they're just jealous.

I have both, bought my first iMac 3 months ago, I use my pc as well. There are just things that macs do better, period. Anybody that has truly done their homework work would know that.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
All my PC loving, OSX hating friends are the first to call me for help every time their Windows goes crazy doing the same things I do daily. That puts a smile on my face and $$$ in my pocket!! :D Grin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Adding a late note. Windows users invest a large amount of time and effort becoming familiar with all the quirks and foibles of their OS.

Thankyou. I learnt a new word today :)

Reaction score
What concerns me greatly is all the people who avoid computers altogether as much as possible, and after being exposed to the Windows learning curve avoid them even more. More often than not they get their advice from an expert Windows user who tells them not to get a Mac. These are people who are going to do very well with a Mac if they get the chance which is unlikely. At least the rise of tablets may save them.

Reaction score
Its like reverse racism almost. All my computer friends that could have cared less one way or the other, all of a sudden, seem to be snubbing me because I bought a Mac...a "Quackintosh" as one puts it. I get poked at occasionally, asked how my Fisher-Price toy handles on the web, and get asked a lot of (in my opinion, meaningless) benchmark questions in order to "prove" the superiority of their PCs.

Actually if you dig a little deeper, people who identify themselves as "I'm a Windows man" or "I'm a 100% Windows user" are actually talking about the interface and compare what they see on the screen, they know little or nothing about different operating systems, nor are they in a position to make intelligent comparisons between the two.

As I have said elsewhere, the tragedy is that many inexperienced users are directed into the World of Windows by Windows experts when they might well do a lot better with the Mac interface but never get the chance to find out.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.