Gela Skin storing

Reaction score
I have a GelaSkin on my Macbook Pro, and iPod. I recently bought a couple cases for both of them. I would rather have the clean look of the mac to shine through the Incase case. I know the Gelaskins can be taken off, and reattached, but I do not know where to store the Gelaskin to keep it safe if I ever want to use it again. What would be the best thing to put it on? Wax paper? cardboard? I do not want to ruin the stickyness.

Reaction score
I love GelaSkins. Maybe wax paper would work, and then just store them between some cardboard. Or you could try a roll of contact paper. Get some smooth clear contact paper and then you can cut the sheets to the size you need them. Obviously you wouldn't take the backing off--you could just try putting the GelaSkins onto the contact paper side...if that makes sense. That might work better than waxed paper. I understand why you want to store them...they're expensive (but well worth the money).

OP
ShawnBoucke
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if Aluminum foil might be good, as long as it is flat. It may have the same qualities as the aluminum on a macbook

OP
ShawnBoucke
Reaction score
I tested an old ipod one on a clear sheet protector (those things that go in binders to hold papers) I was able to peel it on and off a couple times. I don't want to do it too much, because I'm sure the stickiness wont last forever, but I think this might work the best, plus I can keep it safe in my binder! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.