Gateway timeout

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My computer keeps randomly giving me the message. Gateway Timeout...cant connect to remote host. It happens on different pages, not on one particular site. The internet is connected when this happens and usually after a few minutes it will load the page. This is driving me crazy. One other thing that happens is that Facebook is also very sporadic on whether or not it will connect even though I can use the Facebook Scrabble page at that time. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am using Macbook pro. Mac OS X, Build 10k549 Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
"gateway" usually means your local router.
You could try cycling power on the router (off for >15 secs, then back on)
What model router - is it fairly old?

Build number doesn't help - we need OS X version number - 10.8.x or 10.6.x, etc.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi, the version is 10.6.8. Restarting the router does work but only for a limited time and then it starts showing the message again. As I live in UK, the router is a B.T. Home hub 3.0 with a Huawei echolite HG612 box because its fibre optic . It is about 1 year old but the weird thing is that this problem doesn't effect the other 3 laptops that are running off it, its just my mac. Thanks for you help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.