Garmin Rhino software

Reaction score
Alright folks, my parents are looking at getting a laptop. They travel and use a Garmin Rhino for navigation. (GPS unit, hand held with I think a built in radio, etc.) Anyway. They want to know if the Garmin software will work on a MacBook. I have no clue and the website is utterly useless. They list no requirements for the software AT ALL.

The closest I can find to system requirements is a mention of Internet Explorer as being required to view something (not entirely sure what, they are VAGUE).

Does anyone have any idea either what software these things are requiring and if it would work on a MacBook without having to dual boot/install Windows?

(Vague question I know.)

M

MacHeadCase

I don't know if Garmin is a huge company or not or, if they are big, how is their client service or, again, if they have a user forum. What I would do is try to email them to ask or, if they do have a user forum, I would post there and ask.

But I can tell you one thing: if they insist upon Internet Exploder, looks pretty grim right off the bat for Mac compatibility...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.